Rules for events so they are Covid-friendly:
- we encourage people to bring their own equipment to reduce contact and message if they might be attending so we know how much to bring. Equipment will be left unattended, though regularly checked, in a “drop in” station mentioned in event description. Simply grab what you need, go out and pick some litter and then return the equipment back to the station. Very simple!
- This means you can come along any time between the hours suggested and pick litter for as long as you want.
- We will let people know of one main pile to leave the bags also leave details for where the litter can be dropped off on the event page. These will always be at a public bin so please make sure it is left responsibly.
- If for any reasons you need support before or during your time out picking, then please do contact me through Facebook messenger. I am more than happy to help with anything you might need.
- Can’t attend the event? No problem! The council provide all the equipment for you to do solo picking.
- Finally, please do stay safe. I will be providing links to further litter picking resources soon so you can get a fairly good understand of what to do and expect before the event. Make sure you also follow all government guidance’s when you are outside too, and I encourage you all to take hand sanitiser with you.
I hope this makes sense to you all. I feel that volunteering, even with such restrictions in place, is vital for both the community and for our mental and physical wellbeing. We may not be able to meet up the way we use to but we can still enjoy a sense of achievement together through our work. Stay safe and please don’t hesitate to get in touch about anything regarding the SLH